Jon Crispin's Notebook

Willard Suitcase #6 » 20111013094

Willard Suitcases

©2011 Jon Crispin

4 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Mike said, on 02/11/2011 at 1:51 pm

    To me, as I am a draftsman, I see what is called dividers or calipers.

  2. Gail said, on 02/11/2011 at 7:46 pm

    They are not tweezers, but as stated are used for measuring and keeping things equi-distant, or for marking out circles.

  3. Alexandra Lacy Pugh said, on 02/11/2011 at 10:37 pm

    agreed mike, we use similar devices in coppersmithing to lay out lines on the sheet metal.

  4. Steve said, on 09/12/2011 at 11:38 am

    They could also be used to scribe circles on a piece of wood. Some of the other pieces are carving tools; some of them can be seen in the image of the bridge score pad. The wooden mallet would have been used to lightly tap the carving tool and cut the wood rather than just whacking it with your palm. The block of Carborundum which is used to keep the carving tools razor sharp.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s