Tulips

Posted in Flowers, Plants, Seasons, Uncategorized by joncrispin on 01/05/2016

tulips and grass

The university has planted a ton of tulips in anticipation of a flood of people visiting for commencement.  Most of them are planted in regular beds, but these guys are interspersed with clumps of grass just outside of the recreation center.  Nice.

1. Christine Brigham said, on 01/05/2016 at 2:39 pm

How pretty! Was thinking about you and Wiitnberg on Earth Day last week. I remember that day well.
    Just got back from working the last 40 days in Lousiana with FEMA and all the flooding down there. Exhausting

• joncrispin said, on 02/05/2016 at 12:16 pm

Chris, so great to hear from you. It is fantastic that you are doing work for FEMA. I can understand your being exhausted. Those kind of trips can be a bit overwhelming, but so satisfying. Cristine and I are off to Nepal in June. She is working on an early grade reading project for UNICEF and I will be shooting. Any chance you will be visiting your Connecticut friends anytime soon? I would love to see you. Best, Jon

2. Léa said, on 02/05/2016 at 1:34 am

Love Tulips! Next time you are in Washington State, drive up to La Conner for the Tulip Festival. Your camera will thank you! It almost makes you feel you are in Holland…

• joncrispin said, on 02/05/2016 at 12:12 pm

Thanks Léa. That sounds like fun. I wish I could just fly around the country and go to events like the Tulip Festival. Ah well. This year has been fantastic for flowers. The flox is everywhere. Cheers, Jon

• Léa said, on 02/05/2016 at 1:53 pm

Jon, I do understand. I keep exploring France and blog about it but one lifetime is not enough… Cheers, Léa

3. Tania M said, on 02/05/2016 at 8:52 am

Beautiful, I love tulips and love how these were planted.